General Psychology doctoral program focuses on Social, Cognitive and Developmental Psychology, and its primary aim is to bring academics with high education and research quality to the field. However, psychologists with a PhD degree can work not only in academia, but also in different areas of the public and private sectors. For this reason, the program is open to all candidates with a Master's in Psychology who wish to gain greater competence in the field. The program consists of 7 courses, a seminar, a doctoral qualifying exam and a thesis.
Application Criteria for EMU General Psychology Doctorate Program and student admission requirements are given below:
- To have a Bachelor of Psychology and a Master's degree from any Psychology subfield. Students who have a master's degree from a field other than Psychology will be accepted with a scientific preparatory exam.
- At least 55 ALES-EA points (for Turkish students)
- English proficiency
- TOEFL (IBT) : 79
- PTE Academic (PTE-A): 58
- YDS/ÜDS/KPDS/YÖKDİL: 66
- EMU English Proficiency Exam: 75
- Having a graduate GPA of 3.00 or above
- Written research proposal including possible thesis title, literature review and method
- Scientific preparatory exam for those who have completed a master's degree in subfields other than Social, Cognitive and Developmental Psychology
- To have fulfilled the conditions stipulated in the Eastern Mediterranean University Graduate Education and Research Institute and Graduate Programs, Registration and Admission Regulations.
Intergroup Relations, Intergroup Contact, Prejudice and Prejudice Reduction Methods, Gender Roles & Sexism, LGBTI+ psychology, Neuropsychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, Language and Cognition, Autobiographical Memory, Social Development, Bullying-Cyberbullying, Digital Media and Human Development, Driver Behaviors, Vulnerable Road Users, Traffic Collision actors, Environmental Psychology, Attachment, Child Abuse & Neglect.