Mapping and Cadastral Survey Associate Program (Turkish) (A.D.M.C.S, 2 Years)
The mission of the two-year Mapping and Cadastral Survey Associate Degree program is to bring up intermediate workforce acting as a bridge between the engineers and the workers in the development and implementation of maps and plans serving as a basis for dams, irrigation, construction, roads, drainage and other similar infrastructure projects. There is a growing demand for Mapping and Cadastral Survey technicians both in the state departments and the private sector. Program graduates have numerous employment opportunities at state and public organisations dealing with mapping and cadastral work. Program courses are delivered in Turkish.
The curriculum of the Mapping and Cadastral Survey Program puts special focus on application and field practice. Hence, 40% of the course content is based on theory while 60% is application which provides the students with sectoral experience.
Graduates of the two-year Mapping and Cadastral Survey program possess the following skills and qualities:
- Land measuring;
- Transferring land measures into maps;
- Team work skills;
- Setting up and using the latest measurement tools;
- Being aware of the sectoral needs and providing solutions, accordingly
The program offers up-to-date laboratories equipped with the latest technological features for its students:
- Computer Laboratory: Basic computer courses and computer application courses laboratories offer a fully-equipped computer for each student.
- Auto-CAD Laboratory: Students can draw bi-dimensional and three dimensional maps through the Auto-CAD software program.
- Drawing Laboratory: Students gain experience on the classical drawing methods in this lab.
- Topography Laboratory: Basic measuring tools; meter, range pole, range pole tripod, plumb, prism etc…
- Leveling Tools: Levels, rods, etc…
- Theodolites ;
- DTM 801 Land Station ;
- GIS Laboratory
Graduates of the Mapping and Cadastral Survey program are in high demand in the construction sector. They may pursue employment opportunities as land registry technical staff and land measuring staff.