Electrical and Electronics Technology Associate Program (Turkish) (A.E.E.T., 2 Years)
The Electrical and Electronics Technology Associate Degree Program strives to bring up intermediate workforce with advanced professional skills, both in theory and practice, enabling them to use the computers and technology as and when needed. Program graduates are highly motivated individuals who possess a second language, easily adapt to change, work in a team effectively, and possess professional ethics, cultural awareness and effective communication skills. The main areas of our curriculum are electronics, microprocessors, electrical installations and motor control techniques.
The freshman year focuses on the development of a second language and the introduction and analysis of the sub-fields of the profession through courses training students on the basic electric, electronics, numerical electronics and computer skills. During the second year, courses focus on both theory and application and cover the topics of the architecture, programming and application of microprocessors, electricity design and electronic area of a house or industrial field. During the third year, students have a chance to convert theory into practice through the graduation project and industrial internship practice. The laboratory work has a considerable weight in the course evaluation system and separate projects are assigned for each course. Students also benefit from orientation programs focusing on career-related motivation and production techniques.
Electrical and Electronics Technology program has the ASIIN accreditation. ASIIN (Accreditation Agency Specialized in Accrediting Degree Programs in Engineering, Informatics, the Natural Sciences and Mathematics) is one of the most important quality assurance institutions for technical and scientific study programs
Having gained the approval of the Turkish Higher Education Board (YÖK) and the Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accreditation and Coordination Council (YÖDAK), the program offers high quality education through the prominent academic staff and up-to-date technological facilities. The program also offers hands-on practice for students through laboratories and internship opportunities.
The Electrical and Electronics Technology Associate Degree Program boasts two electronics laboratories housing single experiment tables containing an oscilloscope, a power unit and indicator generators for 20 students. The Electrical System and Household Appliances Laboratory offers practice opportunities for students in the area of the connection techniques in electricity installations. There is also three phase compensation system in the workshop. The microprocessor laboratory provides students opportunities for Arduino microprocessor training and PLC. The LPFK fast PCB prototyping device is also available in department.
The educational objectives of the EET program are as listed below.
- Develops program techniques for microcontroller, understand how PLC works and develop program techniques.
- Learns the solar energy systems, solar cells, solar system classifications, PV system components, PV systems economy and prices, other renewable energy sources, and environmental considerations against pollution.
- Understand the semiconductor devices principles theoretically and practically, and improve the student’s digital electronic knowledge about logic ICs, combinational circuits.
- Learns the basic concepts of basic electrical concepts, voltage, current, resistance and calculations and definitions, frequency and period definitions and calculations, power, energy, phase angle, RC circuits.
- Learns the basic concepts of electrical installations, distribution systems, project materials and symbols, protection, safety, electrical installation and testing, oxidation and mechanical damage and removal, basic applications of electrical installation projects. In addition, the general safety and first aid to teach the rules against electric shock.
- Learns single and three phase motors principles, the starters, rewinding also doing services domestic appliances and repair them.
The learning outcomes of the EET program are as listed below.
- Have up to date fundamental theoretical and practical knowledge in EET field
- Use all practical skills and also basic theoretical methods and techniques in the EET field
- Utilize algorithmic thinking and planning approaches in their applications
- Design and implement electrical installation for small and medium size projects
- Understand the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity
- Understand the electrical installation project reading and recognition of the symbols used
- Use different hardware and software components in a computer system
- Understand and design Logic Circuit Functions, Flip Flop Circuits, Counters and Shift registers
- Design printed circuit board for electronic circuits with computer software
- Find a chance to integrate to the industry more easily and communicate with more businessman from the industry
Graduates of the department serve as intermediate workforce working towards the elevation of work quality in the sector.
Some of the popular EET positions for which the graduates qualify are as follows:
- Electrical wiring project development for buildings
- Electrical wiring installation applications and supervision
- Electrical maintenance and repair services for electronic appliance
- Computer hardware installation, maintenance and repair
- Laboratory technical staff in technical schools.