The Nanotechnology and Multifunctional Structures Research Center (NMSRC) is a technology center at Eastern Mediterranean University and it is composed of specialists.
NMSRC is dedicated to do research on applied nanotechnology and multifunctional materials with strong emphasis on education and training. Our team of world-class engineers and researchers is exploring the next generation of nanostructured materials, products and processes.
Our research is focused on the following topics:
- Design and development of advanced multifunctional composites,
- natural fiber composites (NFCs),
- nanocomposites (NCs) and nanobiocomposites (NBCs);
- Multifunctional structures,
- electro-thermomechanical behavior of piezo-electromechanical smart materials and
- novel electrode materials of next generation lithium-ion batteries.
Our mission is to create novel nanostructured materials and modern manufacturing techniques through collaboration with industry and other partners.
The NMSRC has a variety of facilities for R&D in advanced polymers and composites. The activities we undertake range from short-term consultancy works to medium-to-long-term research and knowledge transfer projects.
Our research informs teaching and knowledge transfer activities in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Engineering. We contribute to the international research profile of the Eastern Mediterranean University through high-quality publications and participations.