Recreation programs are among the most demanded educational programs all over the world in recent years. It is assumed that graduates will be in high demand in the industry. As well as, meeting the sectoral needs and preparing them for the professional life, our programs motivate students in becoming creative and innovative individuals. With the advantages provided by the educational program supported by relevant practice opportunities, our students pursue a wide spectrum of job opportunities upon their graduation.
The main aims of the Recreation Management Program are:
- To provide high-quality education and training in recreation, leisure, and sports management.
- To train professionals in the field of recreation, leisure, and sports management by cultivating a broad understanding of recreation, leisure, and sports in our society while developing managerial competence.
- To train proficient and ethically responsible professionals as required by both the public and the private sectors of society.
- To meet challenges such as educating people to appreciate and use their environment for enjoyment without causing detrimental impact, and enhancing life through the positive use of leisure and recreation time.
Medium of instruction is English. The program has been designed to improve the quality of individuals’ and communities’ lives by generating, developing, and applying knowledge, communicating this knowledge to others, and educating professionals committed to providing recreation, leisure, sports, and tourism resources that are environmentally, socially, and economically beneficial.
With its quality education in tourism and hospitality and recreation management, the Tourism Management undergraduate programs aims to be the leading educational organization in the region in preparing managerial candidates that will produce knowledge, and have the ability and skills to develop and apply this knowledge accordingly. Another aim of our program is to prepare our students for the most promising sector in the future.
With its superb indoor sports complex and its many outdoor facilities of international quality, the university offers a wide range of sports opportunities, including football, basketball, volleyball, handball, athletics, tennis, squash, JUI-JITSU, table tennis, billiards, chess, wrestling, cycling, triathlon and football tennis. Our students representing the university in the leagues are awarded scholarships by the university. Last but not least, the cricket, bowling, darts, swimming, futsal, and football teams successfully represent the University in the inter-university tournaments and leagues.
- Computer Labs: 3 computer labs with CD-ROM, multimedia, Internet and e-mail facilities are available for students.
- Multimedia Lab: In-class learning is supported by the integration of multimedia into the program.
- Fidelio Lab: The worldwide used software FIDELIO aims to provide students with practical knowledge and an education which matches the needs of the scientific and technological era.
- Demo (Practice) Kitchen: The training kitchen is used to assist the students in Tourism Management programs to gain a thorough insight into the operation and management of a professional kitchen. Additionally, students are offered the opportunity of implementing theory into practice in Tower Restaurant.
- Demo (Practice) Restaurant: Practical implementation of food and beverage courses offered by our School takes place in School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Tower Restaurant and Bar. Tower Restaurant offers students a unique opportunity to gain experience on national and international cuisine as well as service techniques.
Our graduates have a wide spectrum of job opportunities in the recreation and tourism sector. Graduates may embark on management careers in any sector of recreation, leisure, and sports industry. Possible employers are leisure centers, health and fitness clubs, tourism enterprises, ministries of sports, ministries of tourism, sports tourism facilities, health tourism facilities, accommodation enterprises, social facilities, recreation facilities, nursing homes, holiday villages, social services and facilities, children’s recreation activities, sports and recreation activities, socio-cultural recreation activities, hospitality and administrative service areas, animation businesses, private schools, universities, special education centers, sports facilities, local administrations (municipalities), ski resorts, beach resorts, casino resorts, summer camps, tourist bureaus, tour operators, commercial recreation enterprises, national parks, amusement parks, youth directorates, and youth camps. Graduates also have the possibility of continuing their studies at EMU Tourism Faculty by enrolling postgraduate programs offered by our faculty.