Being the first and only program providing education on computer aided accounting in the TRNC since 1997, the program aims to bring up qualified intermediate workforce who possess theoretical and practical information in accounting, economics, work management and finance as well as a good command of English.
The two-year Accounting and Taxation Applications Associate Degree program aims to provide the essential knowhows to it’s students to help them become qualified professionals who will serve as intermediate workforce demanded by accounting and finance departments of the commercial, accounting and financial consultancy companies.
During the first year of their studies, students are equipped with skills to understand the basics of accounting as well as its functions and importance, to learn and advance about rules and regulations regarding their profession and professional growth such as creating accounting records and using financial figures in the financial structure analysis and decision making processes.
During the second year of their studies, students are provided with information on accounting documents as well as the principles for developing financial statements and income tables, forming financial tables and, at the same time, gain information on how to use the accounting package programs along with information on the taxation regulations as well as basic concepts regarding tax applications and the taxation process.
Hence, each graduate of the programme will;
- Gain ability of problem solving in accounting and taxation field
- Select and design solutions for accounting based problems with organizational development
- Use strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as practical knowledge within the field of accounting
- Be equipped with the theoretical background to be eligible for further education
- Have good communication skills both in speaking and writing
- Demonstrate the ability to participate effectivly in the planning and execution of team-based projects
- Describe the impact of accounting issues in a global, societal, and ethical context
- Follow the latest developments within the field of accounting and tax applications
- Gain both theoretic and practical knowledge about accounting and tax applications
- Gain the ability of using Microsoft word ve Excel programs in an efficient way
- Gain the ability of using different accounting software programs
- 12 multimedia classrooms/labs fully equipped with modern educational technologies.
- Admission without an exam for the graduates of the TRNC commerce high schools,
- Unconditional scholarship opportunities for the graduates of the TRNC commerce high schools,
- Latest softwares and case tools are installed in all labs;
- Opportunities for learning and advancing on accounting package programs,
- A fully equipped lab devoted for graduation project studies,
- Each student is assigned with an academic advisor to guide him/her with their curriculum, selection process and to provide linkage between students and academics.
- An International Student Advisor is available full time to assist international students in academic, social and cultural aspects,
- Internship opportunities at prominent and famous accounting offices.
Developments in the accounting profession require individuals to keep par with accounting related advances in an electronic environment. Qualified professionals who possess the skills to carry out accounting processes in an electronic environment are in great demand in the professional arena.