Nutrition and Dietetics Doctoral Program (Turkish)
Nutrition and Dietetics Doctoral Degree Program aims to cater for the demand for the academic positions both in our country and within Turkey for highly qualified dietitians who have studied at doctoral degree level in various areas of the profession. The program also aims to closely follow the developments in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics, make the students aware of ongoing research in the field of health, and equip them with the information and skills regarding the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Nutrition and Dietetics health services.
The contribution of the doctoral degree programs in the production of scientific information, societal developments, innovations in the field, and the development of administrative skills is undeniable. However, the number of PhD graduates in the field, who are qualified to carry out research and implement projects regarding the provision of solutions as well as preventive measures to the nutritional problems of the society is limited in our country.
For admission to Nutrition and Dietetics Doctoral Degree Program, candidates should possess an undergraduate degree in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics as well as a master’s degree in the Nutrition field. Below are the application requirements for Nutrition and Dietetics Doctoral Degree Program:
- Nutrition and Dietetics Department Undergraduate Degree
- Nutrition and Dietetics / Nutritional Sciences program Master’s Degree
- Minimum 55 points from ALES (for the citizens of the Turkish Republic)
- English Proficiency document
TOEFL - Paper-based: minimum 550 points
TOEFL – Computer-based: minimum 213 points
TOEFL - IBT: minimum 80 points
IELTS - minimum 6.5 points
YDS/ÜDS/KPDS - minimum 66 points
EMU Proficiency Test - minimum 75 points
- Successful achievement from the written and/or verbal exam or possession of a CGPA of 3 out of 4 from the undergraduate program.
- Successful achievement from the written and/or verbal exam or possession of a CGPA of 3 out of 4 from the master’s program.
- Fulfilment of the admission requirements of the Institute of Graduate Studies and Research.
Health Sciences Faculty provides unique research opportunities through a fully-equipped health center, nutrition principles laboratory, antropometry laboratory, computer laboratory and other laboratories housed by various departments of the Faculty (e.g. Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Sports Sciences etc...) and faculties (Pharmacy, Medicine etc...). The wide spectrum of departments housed by the university provides a context for multidisciplinary approaches allowing research in different areas.