Prof. Dr. Necdet Osam, Rector
- Name, Surname : Necdet OSAM
- Place of birth and date: 18 May 1961, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Nationality : Turkish Cypriot
- Marital status : Married, one daughter
- Address : Eastern Mediterranean University, Faculty of Education, Department of Foreign Language Education, Gazimağusa, TRNC, Mersin 10, Turkey
- Academic Title : Prof. Dr.
- Position : Rector
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Tel. (Work) : +90 392 630 1200
- Fax (Work) : +90 392 630 4044
- PhD : Hacettepe University (Ankara), Faculty of Letters, Department of English Linguistics, (1997)
- Teacher Trainer : Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University, (1996) Cambridge, UK.,
- MA : Hacettepe University (Ankara), Faculty of Letters, Department of English Linguistics, (1993)
- BA : Selçuk University (Konya), Faculty of Education, Department of English Language, Teaching (1984-1988)
- Attestato: Universitâ İtaliana Per Stranieri (Perugia) Dipartimento della Lingua İtaliana (1981-1984)
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Gazimağusa, TRNC, Rector, June 2016 -
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Gazimağusa, TRNC, Rector (a), 2014 October - 2016 June
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Faculty of Education, Gazimağusa, TRNC, Dean, Feb. 2007-2012
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Faculty of Education, Department of English Language Teaching, Gazimağusa, TRNC, Chair, 2002-2007
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Faculty of Education, Department of English Language Teaching, Gazimağusa, TRNC, Vice Chair, 2000-2002
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of English Language Teaching, Gazimağusa, TRNC, Vice Chair, 1999-1999
- Çankaya University, English Language Preparatory School, Ankara, Turkey, Founding Director, 1997-1998
- Middle East Technical University, Faculty of Education, Department of Foreign Language Education, Ankara, Turkey, Research Assistant / Instructor, 1993-1997
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of English, Gazimağusa, TRNC, Assist. Instructor, 1989-91
M.A. Thesis Supervision
- The Attitudes of Iranian University Students towards English Language as a Medium of Instruction (Author: Maysam Mansoorey; Completed, 2016 May)
- The Effects of Dynamic Assesment on Essay Writing Ability of EFL Learners. (Author: Maryam Mahdavi; Completed, 2012)
- The Use of Text Headings and Their Effects on High School Female Students’ Reading Comprehension. (Author: Ronak Khodadi Moghaddam; Completed, January 2014)
- An Investigation into Text Quality in Writing by Farsi Learners of English.(Author: Omid Nassery. Completed, September 2013)
- Global English and Culture Teaching in TRNC Secondary EFL Classroom: Teacher Perceptions and Textbooks. (Author: Zehra Tözün. Completed, September 2012, EMU)
- An Investigation into ELT Students’ Academic Achievement and Their Use of Language Learning Strategies across Gender Groups (Author: Özlem Özyılmaz. Completed, September 2012, EMU)
- English Proficiency Test and Prediction of Academic Achievement: The Case of Eastern Mediterranean University (Author: Nadir Gürtaş. Completed, September 2004, EMU)
- The Use of Address Forms in Turkish Cypriot Setting (Author: Arzu Cevher. Completed, September 2004, EMU)
- Turkish Cypriot Students’ Attitudes towards English and English Language Learning (Author: Aytül Dereboylu. Completed, September 2004, EMU)
- The Problems of Teaching Heterogeneous Classes in EMUEPS (Author: Gül Tokhan. Completed, September 2003, EMU)
- Turkish Cypriots’ Attitudes towards English and Bilingualism (Author: Gülsen Demirciler. Completed, September 2003, EMU)
- The Impact of Test Taker Characteristics on Test Taker Performance (Author: Özge Öğmen. Completed, September 2003)
- A Descriptive Study of the Effects of Communicative Approach in Turkish Setting ( Author: Mutlu Kale. Completed, July 2001, EMU)
PhD Dissertation Supervision
- The Impact of Social Class and Gender on Choosing a Profession: The Case of English Language Teachers in Cyprus. ( May, 2014; in progress; Author: Hasan İnkaya)
- Perceptions of Teachers with Specific Reference to Native Speakerism and Language Teaching: The Case of North Cyprus. (June, 2014; in progress; Author: Zehra Tözün)
- An Analysis of Learning-Teaching Performance Indicators and Evaluative Indicators Using Data Envelopment Analysis (Author: Solmaz Ghaffarian ASL ; 2017 waiting for publication)
- A Critical Overview of Foreign Language Medium Instruction in Higher Education: The Context of Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (Author: Erkan Arkın. Completed, January 2013).
- An Investigation of Some Gender –Related Sociolinguistic Variables of the Iranian Students. (Author, Aman Rausuli. 2014, waiting for publication)
- The Evaluation of Linguistic Competency of Students Exposed to English in an EAP Environment Over a Time Interval- A Case Study in the EMU Context. (Author: Gülsün Korun. 2016, Completed).
- The Role of Sociopolitical Development in Language Change: Language Situation in Azerbaijan (Author: Javanshir Shibliyev. Completed, March 2005, EMU).
Graduate Level (MA/PhD)
- ELT 511 : Testing in ELT
- ELT 513 : Sociolinguistics
- ELT 501 : Approaches, Methods and Techniques
- ELT 502 : Language Teaching Methodology 1
- ELT 503 : Language Teaching Methodology 2
- ELT 504 : General Linguistics
- TEFL 1 : Research Techniques in Language Teaching
- ELT 513 : Research Techniques (Cyprus International University)
- ELT 514 : Contrastive Analysis of Turkish and English (Cyprus International University)
- ELT 515 :Seminar in ELT
- GRAD 503 : Research for Social Sciences and Education
- ELT 602 : Current Issues in ELT
- ELT 612 : Studies in Sociolinguistics
- ELT 620 : Testing and Evaluation in English Language Teaching
- ELT 611 : Current Studies in Linguistics
- Middle East Technical University
- FLE 121 English Grammar I
- FLE 122 English Grammar II
- FLE 123 English Composition I
- FLE 124 English Composition II
- FLE 301 General Linguistics
- Çankaya University
- ELL 109 Introduction to Linguistics
- Eastern Mediterranean University
- ELT 127 English Grammar I
- ELT 211 Introduction to Linguistics I
- ELT 212 Introduction to Linguistics II
- ELT 213 Turkish Phonology and Morphology
- ELT 214 Turkish Syntax and Semantics
- ELTE 204 Linguistics 1
- ELTE 212 Translation English-Turkish
- ELT 313 English Language Teaching Methodology I
- ELT 314 English Language Teaching Methodology II
- ELT 317 Language Acquistion
- ELT 342 Language in Society
- ELT 401 Materials Development and Adaptation in English Language Teaching
- ELT 414 Testing and Evaluation in English Language Teaching
- ELT 416 Practice Teaching
Other Professional Achievements
- EMU, Rector, June 2016 - Present
- EMU, Rector (a), October 2014 - June 2016
- EMU, Dean Faculty of Education, 2007-2012
- EMU, Dept. of English Language Teaching, Chair, 2002-2007
- EMU, Dept. of English Language Teaching, Vice Chair, 2000-2002
- Çankaya University, Founding Director, English Preparatory School 1997- 1998
- Advisor to the Rector of EMU , 2012-2014
- Consultant (Testing and Evaluation), Ministry of Education, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (1999-2001)
- Consultant (Testing and Evaluation), Ministry of Education, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (2005-2007)
- Consultant (and project manager) Standardization of 9th grade matriculation exams.(2006)
- Divided Cities and Linguistic Attitudes and Beliefs (2004--2007) Trieste University & Slovene Research Institute
- Euroinclusion-eurolingua project (2003-2007): Turkish Language Moderator
- Program Evaluation and Testing Project: Project Manager (1999-2001)
- Bülent Ecevit Anatolian High School Curriculum Revision Project, 1998-1999 (completed), TRNC.
- Freshmen Coalition and Standardization Project at Faculty and University Level, Project Manager, 1998- 1999 (completed), Eastern Mediterranean University, TRNC.
- Eight Year Curriculum and Material Development Project of Arı College. Project Manager, (completed) 1997-1998, Ankara, Turkey.
Departments, Programs Founded
- Music Teacher Education Program, Faculty of Education (2006)
- Computer and Instructional Technology Program, Faculty of Education (2008)
- Department of Fine Arts, Faculty of Education (2008)
- Department of Computer Technology and Instruction, Faculty of Education (2008)
- Department of Middle School Subject Matter Teacher Education, Faculty of Education (2009)
Academic and Other Memberships
- Elected by the Turkish Cypriot Parliament to Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accredidation and Coordination Council (2014-2015)
- Elected member of the Inter-university Academic Coordination Council (2011-13) Re-elected 2013: Inter-university Academic Coordination Council
- Founding Director of Rauf Raif Denktaş Research Center of the Turkish Cypriot History (2012-present )
- Founding Member of the Cyprus Turkish Science and Technology Council (2011)
- Director of the EMU Press, (2010-2017)
- The European Association of Language Testers (2000-2014)
- Linguistic Society of America (1997-2000)
- Linguistic Society of Turkey (1990-present)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Center for Cyprus Studies (2003-2010)
- Member of the Board of Directors, EMU Press. (2003-2010)
- Member of EMU Academic Personnel Discipline Committee (2004-2012)
- Member of the Higher Council of Testing and Evaluation, Ministry of Education, TRNC (2006-2008)
Editorship & Academic Advisory Membership
- Editor: Kıbrıs Türk Bilim ve Teknoloji Dergisi (Cyprus Turkish Science and Technology Journal ) (2012- present)
- Editor: Eğitim Fakültesi 10.Yıl Yazıları. (Faculty of Education 10th Anniversary Book) EMU Press (2011)
- Editor: 23.Ulusal Dilbilim Kurultayı Bildiri Kitabı. (23rd National Linguistic Conference Proceedings Book) EMU Press (2010)
- Editor: İz Bırakmış Kıbrıslı Türkler 3 (Turkish Cypriots who Left a Trace Behind 3) EMU Press (2007)
- Issue Editor: The Sociolinguistics of Cyprus II. International Journal of the Sociology of Language . Mouton De Gruyter, Germany (2006)
- Ed.in Chief, Searching for Quality in ELT. Lincom Studies in Second Language Learning, Lincom, Germany (2005)
- Ed.in Chief. Kıbrıs Türk Ağzına Özgü Sözcükler (Original Words of Turkish Cypriot Dialect) Lefkoşa: Okder Yayınları. (2006)
- Academic Advisor. The Journal of Turkish Educational Sciences, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey (2001-2014)
- Academic Advisor. Journal of Cyprus Educational Sciences (2002-present)
- Academic Advisor. Cyprus Turkish National Education Journal, Ministry of Education, TRNC (2005-2009)
- Editor (English Texts). Türklük Bilimi Araştırmaları (Turcology Journal), Turkey(2007-2014)
- Academic Advisor. Dil ve Yaratıcılık (Language and Creativity) Ankara, Turkey (2006-2014)
- Academic Advisor. Dilbilim Araştırmalar (Journal of Linguistic Research) Boğaziçi University.(2007-present)
Research and Publications
- Osam, N. and Korun, G. (2016) A Prototype Study Evaluating the Linguistic Proficiency of Year 1 ELTE Students at Eastern Mediterranean University, North Cyprus. Anthropologist , 23 (1,2). pp.1-6.
- Arkın, E. and Osam N. (2014) Eğitim Dilindeki Tartışmaya Derinlemesine Bir Yaklaşım Bilig. No.71. pp.19-40 Ankara.
- Rassouli, A. And Osam, N. (2013) An Investigation of Iranian Students’ English Proficiency Test Scores in Relation to Socio-Economic Status and Gender. Sino-US English Teaching Vol.10, No.4. pp.1-9. David Publishing Company.
- Osam, N.& Kasapoğlu, M.K. (2010). Hellim: Kültürel Bir Değerin Kimlik Çözümlemesi. (An Analysis of a Cultural Heritage : Halloumi. Milli Folklor Dergisi.) Sayı. 87. s. 170-180 Ankara.
- Pehlivan, A. & Osam, N. (2010). Vehicle Related Expressions in Turkish Cypriot Dialect. Bilig Vol.54. pp.231-242, Ankara.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A.S. (2009). Kökensel Kimlik Bağlamında Dilsel Tutum Saptaması: Kıbrıslı Türklerin Rumca’ya Yönelik Tutumları. (Language Attitudes of Turkish Cypriots Towards Greek on the Basis of Ethnicity.) Bilig. Vol.51. pp.11-29 Ankara
- Osam, N. (2006) Turkish Cypriot Women and Their Attitudes towards Foreign Words: A Case of Language Loyalty. IJSL, 181.pp.57-69, Mouton de Gruyter.
- Osam, N. & Kelepir, M. (2006). Bibliography of Studies on Turkish Cypriot dialect. IJSL, 181. pp. 107-120, Mouton de Gruyter.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A.S. (2004) The Status of Turkish in The Republic of Cyprus and the Attitude of Greek Cypriots. Turkic Languages, Vol. 8., 2, pp.271-288, Harrassowitz Verlag.
- Osam, N. (2003) Language Competency (L2) in Reference to Sex Difference. Dilbilim Araştırmaları, pp.61-69.. İstanbul: Boğaziçi University.
- Shibliyev, J. & Osam, N. (2003) Sociopolitical Changes and Language: A Retrospective View of Azerbaijan. Turkic Languages, Vol. 7., 2. pp. 235-245, Harrassowitz Verlag.
- Osam, N. (2002) A Glosssary of Testing in ELT. Dilbilim Araştırmaları, pp. 105-120. İstanbul: Boğaziçi University.
- Osam, N. (1999). A Call for a Greater Interdependency in Adult Educational English Preparatory Programs in English Medium Universities. Journal of Critical Inquiry into Curriculum and Instruction, 1(3), pp.1-11, Kansas: Wichita State University.
- Osam, N. (1997). A Few Words on the Article “Code-Switching” in a Turkish Secondary School”. ELT Journal, 51(3).pp.310-311, Oxford: Oxford University Press. (appeared as a correspondence).
- Osam, N. & Donaldson, P. H. (1997). Klinik Ortamda Kazanılan Akıcılık ve Aktarım Yetilerinin Gerçek Hayata Aktarımında Karşılaşılan Sorunlar. (Speech Pathology and Its Transfer to Real Life Situation) Dilbilim Araştırmaları, pp.142-146, Ankara: Kebikeç Publications.
- Zeyrek, D.; Ruhi., Ş. & Osam, N. (1997). Türkçede Kiplik Belirteçleri ve Çekim Ekleri İlişkisi Üzerine Bazı Gözlemler.(Mood, Aspect and Modality in Turkish:Some Observations) Dilbilim Araştırmaları, pp.105-111. Ankara: Kebikeç Publications.
- Osam, N. (1995). Which Method Should We Use in ELT ? A Real Challenge. Dilbilim Araştırmaları ,97-204. Ankara:Hitit Publications.
- Arkın. E. & Osam, N.(2013). English-medium Instruction in Higher Education:A Case Study from Turkish University Context. English in Europe: Opportunity or Threat? University of Copenhagen: Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Osam, N. & Arkın, E. (2012) The Relationship Between Curse Types and Gender. The Taboo Conference. Bologna University: Forli, Italy.
- Arkın.E. & Osam,N. (2009) The Relationship Between Instructional Language and Content Learning: A Case Study in The Turkish University Context. The CLIL Conference, Vaasa University, Vasa, Finland.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A.S. (2006). The Paradox of Linguistic Rights: The Case of Turkish Language in the Republic of Cyprus. 13th International Conference on Turkish Linguistics. Uppsala: Sweeden.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A.S. (2005). The Status of Turkish Language in the Republic of Cyprus: The issue of being an Official, Foreign or a Minority Language. 10th. International Conference on Minority Languages. Trieste: Italy.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A. S. (2004). How Successful will the Teaching of Turkish in The Republic of Cyprus Be? The Attitudes of Greek Cypriots. 3rd Mercator International Conference, Ljouwert, Frisland: Holland.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A.S. (2004). Clarification of the Misconceptions: The Case of Turkish Language. International Conference on Turkish as a Foreign Language. Cyprus University, Nicosia, South Cyprus. (published as an abstract)
- Osam, N. (2002). Kıbrıs Ağzında Dilsel Tutum Saptaması: Olgu Çalışması. (Attitudes Towards Turkish Cypriot Dialect: A Case Study). Current Trends in Turkish Linguistics. EMU Press.
- Osam, N. (2002). The Dominance of English: Qualitative and Quantitative Borrowing in Turkish Cypriot Dialect. Globe Conference, Warsaw Institute of Linguistics, Poland.
- Osam, N. (2000). Turkish Cypriot Women and The Turkish Language. First International Gender, Culture, Communication and Linguistics Conference. Moscow State University, Moscow.
- Osam, N. (2000). The Change in Turkish Lexicon: A Historical Study. First International Conference on Language Variation in Europe. Barcelona University. Barcelona.
- Osam, N. (1999). The Turkish Courtroom Discourse and Politeness: A Symposium on Linguistic Politeness. Chulalongcorn University, Bangkok.
- Osam, N. (1997). The Attitude of Turkish People Towards the Use of Foreign Words in L1 (Turkish) Context. 16th Paris International Congress of Linguistics. Pergamon, Oxford: Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Osam, N. (1996). Is Turkish Vocabulary Stock Decayed? Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Turkish Linguistics, Ankara: Ankara University Publications.
- Osam, N.& Çavuşoğlu, C. (2000) Management and Standards Define the Quality in L2 Competency in English Preparatory Schools. TÖMER Dil Dergisi, 92, 65-73. Ankara: Ankara University Publications.
- Osam, N. (1998). Dünyada Dilbilim.(Linguistics in the world). TÖMER Dil Dergisi, 65, 42-46. Ankara: Ankara University Publications.
- Osam, N. (1996). Anadil Bilinci ve Eğitim Dili.(Mother Tongue Awareness and Medium of Instruction) TÖMER Dil Dergisi, 46, 26-28. Ankara: Ankara University Press.
- Osam, N. (1995). Türkçe Dilbilgisi Kitaplarında Kip Olgusu. (Mood in Turkish Grammar Books) TÖMER Dil Dergisi, 38, 48-51. Ankara: Ankara University Press.
- Arkın, E.& Osam, N (2012) Türkçe ve İngilizce Ders Anlatımında Nicel ve Nitel Farklılıklar: Üniversite Baglamında Bir Çalışma. (Qualitative and Quantitative Differences in Turkish and English Coursebooks: Tertiary Education Context.) XXVI. Dilbilim Kurultayı (XXVI. Linguistic Conference.) Süleyman Demirel University Press:Isparta
- Arkın, İ. E. ve Osam, N. (2011). Öğretim Dili ve Matematik Öğrenimi: Üniversite Bağlamında Bir Olgu Çalışması. (Medium of Instruction and Mathematics Education:University Context.) XXV Dilbilim Kurultayı (XXV Linguistic Conference). Çukurova University Press.
- Arkın, E.& Osam, N. (2010). Öğretim Dili ve Ders İçeriğini Öğrenme Arasındaki İlişki: Yükseköğretim Bağlamında Bir Durum Çalışması. (Medium of Instruction and Learning Relationship: A University Education Context). XXIV. Dilbilim Kurultayı (XXIV. Linguistic Conference) .Middle East Technical University. Ankara.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A.S. (2007). Kıbrıslı Türklerin Rumcaya Yönelik Tutumları. (Attitudes of Turkish Cypriots Towards Greek). XXI. Dilbilim Kurultayı. (XXI. Linguistic Conference) Mersin University: Mersin.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A.S. (2006). Cinsiyet Bağlamında Kıbrıslı Türk Öğrencilerin Türkçe ve İngilizce Yeterlik Sınav Sonuçlarının Karşılaştırılması: Sinirdilbilimsel yaklaşım. (A Comparative Study of Turkish and English Language Proficiency Scores of Turkish Cypriot Students on the Basis of Gender Variable:Neurolinguistic Approach.) XX. Dilbilim Kurultayı (XX. Linguistic Conference) Maltepe University: İstanbul.
- Osam, N. & Ağazade, A.S. (2005). 1960 Kıbrıs Cumhuriyeti Anayasası Bağlamında Türkçenin Kıbrıs’taki Konumu ve Kıbrıslı Rumların Türkçeye Yönelik Tutumları. (The Attitudes of Greek Cypriots Towards Turkish With Reference to 1960 Constitution.) XIX. Dilbilim Kurultayı (XIX Linguistic Conference.) Harran University: Şanlıurfa.
- Osam, N. & Kocaman, A. (2003) İlköğretim-Ortaöğretim Ders Kitaplarında Dilbilgisi Terimlerinin Kullanımı.(The Use of Grammar Terms in the Textbooks of Primary and Secondary Schools) XVII Dilbilim Kurultayı (XVII Linguistics Conference) Eskişehir.
- Osam, N. & Kocaman, A. (2002) The Cognizance and the Use of Turkish Scientific Terminology. XVI. Dilbilim Kurultayı (XVI. Linguistics Conference). Hacettepe University, Ankara.
- Osam, N. & Kocaman, A. (2001). New Trends and the Profile of Turkish Linguistics. XVI. Dilbilim Kurultayı (XV. Linguistics Conference). Istanbul University, İstanbul.
- Osam, N. (1999). Cinsiyet Değişkeni Sözcüksel Bağlamda Anadile Duyarlık Olarak Nasıl Yansır?( What is The Role of Gender Towards the Mother tongue Awareness and Use?) XII. Dilbilim Kurultayı (XII. Linguistics Conference). İstanbul: Boğaziçi University Publications.
- Osam, N. & Çavuşoğlu, C. (1998). The Aspect of Management and Raising the Standards of Language Education (L2) in English Preparatory Schools. A Miscellany of English Studies Conference. Kayseri: Erciyes University Publications.
- Osam, N. (1998). Eğitimde Kullanılan Öğretim Dili, Yabancı Sözcüklere Karşı Psikolojik Tutumu Nasıl Etkiler? (The Medium of Instruction and Its Psychological Effects on Students) XII. Linguistics Conference. Mersin: Mersin University Press.
- Kocaman, A. & Osam, N. (2000). The Dictionary of ELT Terms. Ankara: Hitit Publications.
- Osam, N (2003). The Dictionary of Testing and Evaluation. İstanbul:Boğaziçi University Press.
- Osam, N. (in publication) The Glossary of Exam Terminology. Gazimağusa:Eastern Mediterranean University Press.
- Osam N. The Dictionary of Sociolinguistics and the Sociology of Language.(to be completed in 2019)
Chapters in a Book
- Osam, N.& Arkın E. (2015) A Look at the English-Medium Higher Education in Turkish Context: The Northern Context. In English in Europe :Threat or opportunity. 177-200. De Gruyter: Roudledge.
- Osam, N. (2013) Türkçe’nin Kıbrıs Adasındaki Durumuna Derinlemesine Bir Bakış: 2005-2012. (An Indepth Look in the Status of Turkish on the Island of Cyprus: 2005-2012.) 40. Yıl Dilbilim Yazıları:1972-2012. ( 40th Year Linguistic Research 209-227) Ankara: Hacettepe University Publications.
- Kocaman, A. & Osam, N., (1999) A Scientific Jargon in Turkish. Anı. 1-23 Ankara: Middle East Technical University Press.
- Osam, N. (1996). Dil Kirlenmesine! Sayısal Bir Yaklaşım.(Quantitative Findings Related to Language Decay) Dil Devriminden Bu Yana Türkçenin Görünümü. (The Status of Turkish After the Turkish Language Reform) 59-67. Ankara: Linguistic Association.
- Osam, N. (1992). An Analysis of a Turkish Recipe. 20.Yıl Dilbilim Yazıları.(20th Year Linguistic Research.) 60-69. Ankara: Hacettepe University Press.
Other Academic Matters
Review Articles (indexed)
- Elena Shohamy. (2006). Language Policy: Hidden Agendas and New Approaches. London: Routledge. 209pp. In Journal of Sociolinguistics (2008). Blackwell Publishing.
- Martin, J. Ball. (Ed.) (2005). Clinical Sociolinguistics. Blackwell Publishing. 320pp. In Journal of Linguistics (2007). Boğaziçi University Press. İstanbul.
- Ömer Demircan, (2001). Türkçenin Ezgisi. İstanbul: Yıldız Teknik Üniversitesi Vakfı Yayını, 253 s. içinde Zarf. 2001 EMU Press, Eastern Mediterranean University.
- Kamile İmer, (1998) Turkish Language Planning T.C. Kültür Bakanlığı Yayınları/2166 Ankara: Neyir Matbaacılık 219 pp. in Dilbilim Araştırmaları. 2000 Kebikeç Publications: İstanbul.
- 10th Tellsi Conference, Tehran University, Iran [Ecology of Language and Philosophical Insight of Foreign Language Planning for Education.] (19-21 October 2011)
- 5th World Conference on Educational Sciences, Sapienza University, Rome (5-9 February 2013) [Un Guardo Intenso sui Problemi nell’edeucazine dei Professori e una Proposta di Soluzione Probabile/ An Indepth Look at the Problems in Teacher Education and Possible Suggestions for Solution ]
- 2. Uluslararası Kıbrıs Eğitim Araştırmaları Konferansı (CY-ICER) , Atatürk Öğretmen Akademisi, Kıbrıs (13-15 Şubat 2013) [The Failure of Training English Language Teachers: Let’s Face the Reality! ]
- Global Conference on Linguistics and Foreign Language Teaching, (5-8 December 2013) Antalya. (in collaboration of John Hopkins University, Near East University, Bahçeşehir University, Middlesex University) [Problems in English Language Teacher Education: Can students be trained to become language teachers through the prescribed curriculum? ]
- (Founder of) International Symposium on Turkish Language Teaching and Instruction (2007)
- 2nd International ELT Conference, Faculty of Education (2007)
- 23rd National Linguistic Conference, Education Faculty (2009)
- 3rd ELT Conference, Faculty of Education (2010)
- 3rd International Educational Sciences Conference (2011)
- 22nd National Conference of Disabled (2011)
- 7th Symposion of the Past and Future of Turkic (2012)
More than 25 talks between 2004-2018 on education, language decay, globalisation and science, student mobility and language barrier, caring nature and etics in education, education policies and university education, accerdidation and quality education on Channels CNN, NTV, TGRT,TRT INT., ATV.
- A Look at EMI instruction in Universities in North Context. Cyprus. Organized by EMU-Cambridge- METU, Cyprus (2018)
- Accreditation Processes and Means of Evaluation, Iran, (2016)
- Anxiety: How can We Overcome it? Antalya Eğitim Çalıştayı (2011), Turkey
- An Overwiev of MİAK and MÜDEK Accerditations, YÖDAK (2011)
- Individual Development and Education: Coping with Anger Chief of Police Forces (2011)
- Space, Infinity and Language, Ankara (2012)
- Open Sea Sailing
- Animal Rescue and Protection
- Horse Breeding
Futurum humanitatis non illstratio pervenire sine conscientia
İnsanlığın geleceği vicdan olmadan aydınlığa erişemez
The future of humanity does not reach enlightenment without conscience
Il futuro dell’umanita non raggiunge l’illuminazione senza coscienza
Do not ask more, share whatever you have