Community Involvement Center
Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) – Community Involvement Center(CIC) is the first community involvement center of North Cyprus. The center, which was activated on 6 th February, 2013 carries out educational programs, publications and cultural events to increase the public awareness since it was established.Furthermore, with the active contribution of youth, the center supports the community service projects which aim to make the life of disadvantaged part of the society better.
Aim of the Center
- To make the life of disadvantaged part of society (primarily children, women, disabled, elderly) better and to increase the life satisfaction of the individuals living in this group.
- To provide effective participation of youth on democratic communal administration and to undertake responsibility of increasing social, cultural, academic accumulation. To serve this aim, to support and enhance the cooperation between social groups, to work on scientific research, implementation and educational practices, to make such practices popular in community and to make counseling regarding such research and applications.
- To raise awareness of youth on social problems and risks, to provide opportunity for them to improve their sensitivity and with the help of these societal connections, to serve the city and the country where the university is located.
- To contribute social skills, moral values and self-conscience of the youth
- To grow individuals sensitive to the environment they are living in
The following studies will be carried out in parallel with the aims of the center:
- To fulfil and improve the projects which aim to make the life of disadvantaged part of society (primarily children, women, disabled, elderly) better and to increase the life satisfaction of the individuals living in this group.
- To make community,primarily youth, consciousof democratic administration and social responsibility and to take part and support the preparation of educational programs, publications, cultural activities and similar activities.
- In cooperation with the other centers of the university, national or international institutions, new projects will be initiated or the present projects will be shared and progressed together.
- To support student exchange programs with the cooperation of overseas projects which aim to increase the experience of youth
- With the help of community service projects, the center aims to provide opportunity of vocational training and financial help for the participant students facing financial difficulties
- To provide teaching-learning experiences in order to enhance the capacity and harmony of youth on concerned fields.
- To initiate new projects about the topics mentioned above and approved by the administrative board.
- To carry out other activities decided by administrative board