The mission of the School of Tourism Management Program is to prepare intellectually developed experts and occupational work force that will answer the long term needs of the world tourism sector and its relevant fields. As well as meeting the sectoral needs and preparing them for the professional life, our programs motivate students in becoming creative and innovative individuals. With the advantages provided by the educational program supported by relevant practice opportunities, our students pursue a wide spectrum of job opportunities upon their graduation.
Medium of instruction is English. Additionally, our students take English courses during the first two years of their studies with the aim of improving both their English and jargon regarding the sector. Apart from English, our program contains second foreign language opportunities such as German, French or Russian. Through elective courses students are also offered the opportunity of learning a third language. Our courses offer practice opportunities at famous hotels or other institutions in our country.
With its quality education in tourism and hospitality and recreation management, the Tourism Management undergraduate programs aims to be the leading educational organization in the region in preparing managerial candidates that will produce knowledge, and have the ability and skills to develop and apply this knowledge accordingly. Another aim of our program is to prepare our students for the most promising sector in the future.
- Computer Labs: 3 computer labs with CD-ROM, multimedia, Internet and e-mail facilities are available for students.
- Multimedia Lab: In-class learning is supported by the integration of multi media into the program.
- Fidelio Lab: The worldwide used software FIDELIO aims to provide students with practical knowledge and an education which matches the needs of the scientific and technological era.
- Demo (Practice) Kitchen: The training kitchen is used to assist the students in Tourism Management programs to gain a thorough insight into the operation and management of a professional kitchen. Additionally, students are offered the opportunity of implementing theory into practice in Tower Restaurant.
- Demo (Practice) Restaurant: Practical implementation of food and beverage courses offered by our School takes place in School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Tower Restaurant and Bar. Tower Restaurant offers students a unique opportunity to gain experience on national and international cuisine as well as service techniques.
Our graduates have a wide spectrum of job opportunities in the tourism sector. Transportation companies, airlines (e.g., air steward/ess, ground services), marine companies (e.g., cruise ships), international hotel chains, tourism operators and travel agencies are only a few of them. Students in Tourism Management Program carry out their internship in the 5 and 4-star hotels and first class holiday villages in Turkey, TRNC and foreign countries (e.g. Hilton, Sheraton, Swissotel, Marriott, Kempinski, Radisson SAS, Holiday Inn, Merit, and Dedeman) as well as famous airline companies such as Turkish Airlines or Atlasjet or travel agencies such as ETS Tour or Puzzle Travel. Following the completion of their internship, our graduates are offered jobs in these organizations. EMU Beach Club is also another place providing the students with opportunities for internship. Graduates also have the possibility of continuing their studies at EMU Tourism Faculty by enrolling postgraduate programs offered by our faculty.