Tourism Research Center (DAU-TAM) was established by Eastern Mediterranean University, Faculty of Tourism. DAU-TAM's mission is to produce knowledge and innovation in the field of tourism through research projects and collaborative partnerships that benefit the tourism and hospitality industry. In line with this mission, the research center is committed to fostering an intellectual community that focuses on cutting-edge research, equip students with the necessary skills, and contributes to the sustainable development of the global tourism industry.
The center’s vision is to be a leading research center in the fields of tourism research, education, and professional development. We aim to create a platform that encourages creativity, supports interaction between different disciplines, and leads to effective research results. Through our activities, we aim to provide students and professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to cope with the challenges in the evolving tourism environment and seize the opportunities that arise. In this way, we focus on creating a comprehensive impact to shape the future of tourism.
The Center’s Objectives:
- To undertake and support research, development, and implementation activities in line with the scientific criteria determined by the Board of Directors for the development of world tourism and especially the advancement of Northern Cyprus tourism.
- To conduct research and carry out training activities requested from the public or private sector and approved by the Board of Directors.
- To provide a suitable environment and scientific resources for tourism researchers by collaborating and working together with similar institutions at home and abroad.
- To encourage postgraduate studies in the field of tourism and to support studies in this direction.
- To provide a platform for academics, industry professionals, and students to discuss the latest trends and challenges in tourism.
- To provide comprehensive and practical research training programs to equip students with the skills to conduct high-quality research in the field of tourism.
- Contribute to academic knowledge and undertake impactful and relevant research projects that address real-world problems in the tourism industry.
- To provide mentorship, resources, and guidance to graduate students doing research in the field of tourism.
- Facilitate collaboration between academia, industry, and government bodies to address challenges and foster innovation in the tourism sector.
- Focus on research that promotes sustainable tourism practices, considering environmental, social, and economic aspects, considering the long-term well-being of destinations and communities.
- To follow emerging trends in tourism at the forefront and to adapt programs and events in line with the evolving needs of industry and academia.
Tourism Research Center (EMU-TAM),
Eastern Mediterranean University
Famagusta, 99628, North Cyprus
Mersin 10, Turkey
President: Prof. Dr. Ali ÖZTÜREN
Tel: (+90) 392 630 1269