As you all know, upon the World Health Organisation declaring COVID-19 virus outbreak a Pandemic and the Council of Ministers' former decision on the issue, an announcement regarding the suspension of all educational activities within our university until 22 March 2020 was made.
We would like to bring to your attention the following issues following the latest decisions taken at an extraordinary meeting of the Council of Ministers last night.
1. Our University's Rector's Office has decided to continue with the suspension of all educational activities until 27 March 2020
2. We invite all students to comply with all warnings issued, avoid social environments and isolate themselves from others until the specified date
3. Excluding compelling circumstances, we also advise our students not to travel abroad,
4. During the specified period, all academic and administrative staff of the university will be granted administrative leave,
5. In line with the decision of the Council of Ministers, all public places of worship will be closed until 1 April 2020
6. In the event of the student nationals of foreign countries or their families encountering COVID-19 related symptoms including fever, cough and breathing difficulties, they are advised to immediately contact the following numbers:
TRNC Ministry of Health
+90 533 850 1188
+90 548 850 1188
TRNC Deputy Prime Ministry and Ministry of Internal Affairs
+90 533 851 4006
We kindly urge all to carefully follow all announcements from the Rector's Office regarding the virus outbreak. Those wishing to receive information on the operation and services of our university's Registrar's Office, Accounting Office and Dormitories Directorate during the specified period are also invited to follow the announcements of the Rector's Office.
EMU Rector's Office