Decisions taken at the meeting on 24 February 2022 by the Communicable Diseases Supreme Committee under the Infectious Diseases Act 45/2018
DECISIONS Effective from 01.03.2022
VACCINATED OR HAVE HAD THE DISEASE;
Pre-departure negative PCR result from the last 72 hours or negative Antigen result from the last 24 hours.
PCR test to be performed between 72-120 hours upon entering the country.
• SINOPHARM (VEROCELL)
• COMIRNATY (Pfizer/Biontech)
• VAXZEVRIA (Astrazeneca/Oxford)
• COVID-19 VACCINE JANSSEN/JOHNSON AND JOHNSON
• SPUTNIK V
• COVISHIELD (Astrazeneca/Oxford)
According to the vaccines defined above, individuals 18 years of age and above that have been vaccinated and 14 days have elapsed after the second dose of vaccine (a single dose for Johnson) and not more than 270 days (9 months) will be considered fully vaccinated.
Individuals 18 years of age and above who have exceeded 270 days (9 months) after their second dose of vaccine (one dose for Johnson) and had boosters will be considered as vaccinated.
Individuals between the ages of 12 to 18 (including 12 and 18) without a booster dose where 14 days have passed since the second dose of vaccine (single dose for Johnson) will be considered as vaccinated.
Individuals who have had a positive PCR test result and at least 10 days have elapsed after the said test result but not more than 180 days will be considered as vaccinated.
Individuals who have received two different doses of the specified vaccines above will be considered vaccinated.
Individuals who have recovered from Covid-19 and have had a single dose of vaccine but have not exceeded 90 days will be considered vaccinated.
Children under the age of 12 travelling with their parents will be considered by the same criteria as their vaccinated or recovered parents.
Persons wishing to enter our country by air-sea routes, and from outside the island using inland border crossings will be required to create a Digital Travel Document via the Guvende Kal application or on the www.guvendekalkktc.com website, on TRNC entry form section 72 hours prior to travel.
To create a digital travel document:
- Those with a smart device must download the Guvende Kal application from Apple Store or Android Market on their smart devices and create a Digital Travel Document from the "TRNC Entry Form" step of the application.
- Those without a smart device are required to fill in the Digital Travel Document via the www.guvendekalkktc.com. They must keep the completed form with them digitally or as a printout.
- Individuals wishing to enter the country can register their vaccination documents and pre-travel 72 hour negative PCR test results using the QR reader on their device's camera through the app scanning the QR codes on the vaccine documents and PCR test results.